If you are fortunate enough to own a Husqvarana ride on mower, you will need to keep it regularly serviced to ensure that it is able to provide your property with perfect lawns for many years to come. Luckily for you, servicing your mower is a fairly simple process that should take you longer than an hour or two on a Saturday afternoon.
- Ensure that the tyre pressure is kept at 16 psi (which stands for 'pounds per square inch') at all times for all 4 tyres.
- Check the air intake valve and give it a clean if they valve appears dirty; a clogged intake can actually decrease the engine's ability to cool, which can cause serious damage.
- Change the air filter if it is noticeably dirty or if the dust load indicator has turned red; a lack of air can cause overheating.
- Check the fluid levels in your radiator; if they are low, use a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water to bring it up to the proper level. This will help to ensure that the engine doesn't overheat.
- Replace the fuel filter after every 800 hours of operation; you can change it more often if it becomes clogged.
- Check the blades on a regular basis, as it is important to ensure that they are kept sharp and free of damage. If you notice any nicks or cracks in the blade, replace them.
- Inspect the fluid levels in the mower's hydraulic reservoir; it needs to be filled to within a quarter of an inch of the top of the tank.
- Check that the engine's oil levels are within the appropriate limits. You should also make sure that you change the oil after every 150 hours of operation and the oil filter every two oil changes.
Whilst it is important that you undertake some of the above points every weekend or every single time you intend on using your ride on mower, other points will need to be completed less often. To ensure that your services are successful, establish a schedule for your mower that you can follow for the coming year to ensure that it is kept in the best possible condition.