When it comes to buying a lawnmower for use on your property, you may find that a second hand one is preferable, for many reasons, to buying a brand new one. Perhaps you cannot afford to buy a new model, or you don't plan on needing a lawnmower for very long. Either way, these tips are guaranteed to help you find the best second hand mower you can:
- Find out how to tell the difference between a good second hand mower and a bad one – talk to people who can do this, read up on the subject in books or online, and research the manufacturer.
- Always remember that buying a used mower is similar to buying anything second hand – if you know your brands, know your dealers, and know your options you can find some really great bargains.
- If you have found a mower on a website or in the newspaper that you like, arrange to go and view it before exchanging any money.
- If you don’t know much about lawnmowers, bring along someone who does and who can examine it properly.
- Check out the condition of the engine – ensure that it starts up straight away and that it runs smoothly.
- Check out the condition of the body – ensure that there is no sign of deterioration or rust, and look for dents of all sizes.
- Check out the condition of the blade – will they require replacing now or in the near future?
If you are in the market for a second hand mower, or know someone who is, remember that it is possible to find some great bargains if you know where and how to look. Be smart, follow the above tips and suggestions, and you will have a used mower in no time.